We set a high focus on working together with our parents and the community. It is of the utmost importance that parents and teachers communicate on a regular basis to ensure the child’s well-being and developmental progress. We highly appreciate your attendance, help, and encourage you to take an active part in our parents’ community.
For the academic year 2023 – 2024, the PTA will be selected by the parents’ community at the beginning of the school year. If you wish to take the responsibility as a member of PTA, you can have your name nominated on Election Day. Being a member of the PTA requires a great deal of dedication and commitment, but it also allows you to be an active part of our team and helps us to further develop the school. There are a wide range of opportunities for collaboration at both the school-wide and individual grade levels.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
– Discussion of school policy as it pertains to the student educational experience.
– Providing suggestions and feedback to school leadership from the parent perspective.
– Coordinating with school staff to organize educational and social activities for students.
– Developing, in collaboration with school leadership, a meeting schedule throughout each term.
Collaborating with teaching staff to organize class activities.
– Assist classroom teachers with instructional activities by providing supervision and support.
– Making suggestions and recommendations during the school-wide meetings to improve the quality of school services and the educational program.
The school-wide PTA consists of a Chairperson and Co-Chairperson, a Secretary, self or peer-nominated, and voted by the members of the association each year. Each grade-level will appoint one member to represent the individual class at school-wide meetings.
It is important that the students at school have a voice and are able to discuss their opinions. Each Grade from Primary to Secondary chooses one representative to attend the Student Council. This body of students meets regularly with a member of the teaching staff to discuss ideas and views that might make the school a better and happier environment for all children.