Tesla’s Feature Profiles are an opportunity for you to know our students more deeply. We ask a series of questions that help us to learn more about individuals, their motivations, inspirations, and achievements. To read other Feature Profiles, click here.
An interview by Mr. Alexander Gordillo
Meet the talented Bao Ly. In this interview, she will share how her learning has gone beyond the classroom and what inspired her to pen a short poem and a booklet in Vietnamese.
1. What’s your name and where are you from?
My name is Bao Ly and I’m from Ho Chi Minh City.
2. How long have you studied at Tesla School?
I have studied at Tesla School since grade 1 and now I’m in grade 4.
3. How would you describe yourself as a student?
I am active in class. I am an inquirer and communicator because, in class, I have questions when I don’t understand something and I share ideas with my classmates.
4. What are your favorite hobbies?
My favorite hobby is dancing ballet. I like it because I followed ballet 5 years and that sport make me stronger.
5. I heard you wrote a poem in Vietnamese. Can you tell us what it’s about? What inspired you to write it?
The poem is about music in the South of Viet Nam such as Cai luong, Don ca tai tu,… The name of the poem is “Southern Melodies of Vietnam”. I just want more people to know Vietnamese traditional music (including people in other countries).
6. I also heard you have written books at home related to your learning in Tesla School. Would you like to share one of these?
I have written a handbook called “Healthy Lifestyle”. Unit 1 of this school year made me interested in eating healthy food and having a healthy lifestyle and that inspired me to write the book. It also helped me understand the unit better. To write it, I just thought about what I had learned and synthesized information for writing the book.
7. Is there anything you would like us to remember about the importance of a healthy lifestyle?
Yes, we children need to drink 1-2 liters of water per day because our body needs it to be healthy and survive. Water helps us feel good, regulate our body temperatue, and expel toxics from our body. Let’s drink water!
See more about Tesla Education